In case anyone is looking for a Ruby on Rails job, there's a few openings that you all should be aware of. :)
Health Wave is hiring
This month's beer sponsor is Health Wave, and they're hiring Ruby on Rails developers!
Here's their job posting:
We've put together an incredible team together over the past year that has managed to launch two products. Our team needs more Beavers [aka Rails Developers] over the next few months to build out our platform, specifically Ruby on Rails developers that want to work hard, that believe in living a healthy lifestyle and that want to be in on the ground floor with an energized startup.
You can check a little out about us at http://healthwave.co and http://vitamonthly.ca to see where we are and where we are headed in the near future. Better still, we'd love for you to share your resume and GitHub profile with us and to make a visit to our office on Rideau Street to see what we are all about and where we are headed. Bonus points will be awarded if your first name is Chris as half our team is already so named. Or change your name to Chris as well - that would show real commitment.
If you're interested, please send your particulars to [address removed]. Alternatively, you can spy on what we're up to by following our fearless leader @braatzy on Twitter should you only want to dip your toe in the pond and follow our progress.
Check them out, they're a great team with very interesting products. They're also looking for a UI Designer and a Customer Development Expert.
Shopify is hiring, too!
Of course, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention that our gracious, long-time food, space and beer sponsor, Shopify, is hiring too!
Shopify is looking to grow the team responsible for building the next generation of Shopify. We’re in search of passionate back-end Rails developers, that can build up the core of Shopify. If you are interested in creating great products, building new features and improving the existing Shopify features, then take a moment and apply!
- Build report interfaces and data feeds.
- Use TDD to write rock-solid, beautiful code.
- Providing beautiful and fast code that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Proficiency with UNIX commands.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL.
- Strong commitment to quality.
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web application.
- Previous start-up experience.
- Being awesome and having a love for Shopify - Major Plus!
We hope to see ya'll at the meetup on Tuesday!
The Ottawa Ruby Team