LGBTQI Days of Films October 19, 20, 2013
Once again, Sebastopol Center for the Arts Film Program Department presents Sonoma County’s ONLY festival dedicated to showing films by, for and about the LGBTQI community.
The goal of the LGBTQI Days of Film is to offer quality films to that enlighten and inform and the producers are confident that this year’s slate will offer something for everyone in the LGBTQI community and their supporters to be proud of.
Saturday, October 19:
• 6PM VIP Reception
• 7PM Feature: “I Am Divine”
• 8:30PM Opening Night Party
Sunday, October 20:
• 11AM Shorts Program TBD
• 1:30PM Feature: “Puzzles” followed by Q&A with Director Tami Gold
• 4PM Feature: “Intersexion”
• 6:30PM Feature: “Reaching For The Moon”
I AM DIVINE traces his humble beginnings as an overweight, teased Baltimore youth to an internationally recognized drag superstar
REACHING FOR THE MOON (chosen as best feature at the SF LGBTQ film festival), is a beautiful film about PulitzerPrize winning poet Elizabeth Bishop and her relationship with Architect Lota de Macedo Soares during her time in Brazil during the 1960’s
PUZZLES, a documentary, tells the story of a brutal attack on a gay bar and how the community on both sides responds. It takes us directly into the world of people who are changed by hate. What can we in Sonoma County learn from this story? With a post filmdiscussion with Director Tami Gold
INTERSEXION profiles the lives of some of the 1 in 1500-2000 persons who are born without clearly defined genitalia. We are shown the many battles faced and the many diagnoses given and how they have coped.
● $100 All Event Pass Everything included (Films, VIP Reception, Party) - 20 of these tickets are available by advance sale only
● $40 Opening Night VIP Pass Includes VIP Reception, Film, Party - 20 of these tickets are available by advance sale only
● $40 All Film Pass Films Only
● $20 Opening Night Film and After Party
● $10 Single Ticket Price
Tickets are currently available on Brown Paper Tickets and at the Sebastopol Center for the Arts, 282 High Street, Sebastopol, beginning September 9.