This group is for people (single/married/dating/etc) in their 30's to 70's who are interested in participating regularly in activities. Please stay within our age range. Most of our events will be in the St. Paul area.
My hope is that we develop friendships while taking part in activities. Anything beyond that is a bonus. :)
A big part of what will make this group successful is spreading leadership across activities and participating monthly in activities. We require you to attend at least one event monthly OR log in and check the meetup calendar at least once a month (your membership will be terminated otherwise).
A few additional rules that must be followed:
1. 24 hour cancelation policy to events. If you cannot attend events, you need to let the host know PRIOR to 24 hours. If you do not, we may mark you as a no show. I understand people get sick and have emergencies, but it's not okay to say you can't come to an event (without a reason) within 24 hours.
2. If you are a no show, you will be marked as such. No showing without alerting us to a reason, to an event is unacceptable. Three no shows (you can view your no shows on your profile page as you scroll down) and your membership will be terminated. You can re-join but please maintain your RSVPs and come to events.
3. There is absolutely NO smoking of any kind at any meetup event. This means immediate termination of membership. A word about alcohol. Please don't bring it to events unless the event host says it's okay. And if you drink too much at an alcohol permitting event, please be responsible and call for a cab.
4. Kids - are allowed to events only when the event page says so. Otherwise, no kids allowed. Thank you for respecting this policy. Adult children we welcome anytime.
5. Posting last names - not advised. I'd encourage you to keep as little identifying information about yourself on your profile. Someone could find out a lot of information about you knowing your last name.
The organizer reserves the right to terminate any membership for any reason at any time.
We encourage you to add a picture of yourself to your meetup profile so that we can see who you are and get to know you by face/name. This works especially well for events so we can pick you out of a crowd! :)
We hope that you can join us and we look forward to meeting you!