Bringing together people who love the outdoors and craft beer.
Are you a lover of the outdoors and between the ages of 29 and 40? Do you need new friends to get out and hike, camp, kayak, or snowboard? How about I add in craft beer and homebrewing? We're an eclectic group but we love to get out and enjoy what nature has to offer (from mountains to gardens to hops). Seriously, who doesn't love a nice brew on the top of a beautiful mountain? We also keep our events small to foster an intimate atmosphere where you can form real friendships. So come join in the adventure!
Please Note: We are about outdoors adventures first and beer second. Please do not join if you only want to come to pint nights or if you just want to get drunk. This group was started as a way to make friends who love the wilderness - love of craft beer is simply a bonus.
Past Meetups Have Included:
Hiking Old Rag
Kayaking the Patuxent Water Trail and the Shenandoah River
Dogfish Head Tour in Delaware
Brewgrass Festival in North Carolina
Pumpkin Beer Swap
The group's home base is Columbia, Maryland, but we will travel to Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and beyond as time and events allow.
(please read before joining!)
1) If plans change, and you cannot make an event you RSVP'd ''Yes" to, please be considerate of the people attending, on the wait list, and/or hosting the event, and update your RSVP to "No" at least 24 hours prior to the event.
(This is the only time to RSVP as a "No" - if you are *changing* your RSVP. Please do not RSVP "No" in advance to every event listed on the entire calendar you already know you can't attend.)
2) If you do not show up to an event without giving 24 hours notice, you will be counted as a "No Show."
3) People who "No Show" 3 times, will be put on restriction and will not be able to RSVP or attend events for 3 months. The Event Organizers definitely understand that situations can come up at the last minute that you can't always control, which is why we give you 3.
4) "No shows" will eventually be removed from members account, based on your attendance at other events.
5) To cover the cost the organizers pay Meetup.com to run the group, we ask for members to contribute $2.75 in yearly dues. Please pay your dues within 3 weeks of joining (and then by Oct 1 each year after), or you will be removed from group events (especially those where paid members are on the wait list) until you pay. The link to pay through PayPal is on the left side of the page.
You might also be able to arrange to buy me a beer at one of our events in exchange for dues. Just arrange this in advanced so you aren't removed from an event and so I don't have 5 people offering me a beer at one event. ;)
6) A clear picture of your face is required to join the group, so we can recognize you at events. No snow goggles, sunglasses, Halloween costumes - and no wilderness shots where you are too far away to recognize.
These policies have been put into place to encourage respectfulness and active participation in the group.
Thank you for your attention to these policies! :)