We will take advantage of the open house tours offered at the Mormon temple in Calgary. I have made a reservation for 15 people.
What to expect during your open house tour? (From the reservation email I got)
- Open house tours will begin in the church building adjacent to the temple where a short video will be presented.This video will provide an overview of temples and why they are significant to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Following the video, a tour host will escort you to the temple. As you walk through the temple, the tour host will explain the purposes of various rooms in the temple, answering questions as time allows.
- At the conclusion of the tour, you are invited to return to the church building for light refreshments and to have any questions answered.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Appropriate dress is requested.
- Photography is not allowed within the temple.
- Backpacks, unnecessary packages, and strollers should be locked securely in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Outerwear worn into the open house will be carried with you throughout the tour.
How to get there?
- Calgary Transit is available and stops at the temple site (Route 158 Royal Oak). Please check transit schedules.
- You're welcome to request a ride in the comments section