The team at the children's charity Hope and Homes for Children have put together another fantastic adventure speak night for 2014. We've been to a few of these and as well as being great fun and really inspirational, all the money raised also goes to a very worthwhile charity. To see reviews from our last visit please click below:
A superb evening that is raising funds for the "Hope and Homes for Children" charity. In essence, a series of world class speakers, World Record holders and adventurers talking about their adventures with the aid of slides.
"Each speaker is limited to just 20 slides to accompany their tales, shown on a huge cinema screen. The challenge is that each slide will automatically scroll forward after just 20 seconds.
Two adventurers, part way through global expeditions, are helping Hope and Homes for Children to organise this event: Emily Chappell and Sarah Outen. Emily is a cycle courier who was named Travel Blogger of the Year at the 2012 British Travel Press Awards. Sarah, meanwhile, is currently attempting to loop the planet using human power.
The event falls between International Women’s Day on 8 March and Mothering Sunday on 30 March. We are seizing this opportunity to celebrate the current generation of inspirational women explorers and adventurers by featuring an all-female line up."
• Maria Leijerstam - first person to cycle from Antarctic coast to South Pole
• Phoebe Smith - editor of Wanderlust travel magazine
• Lois Pryce - recently motorcycled solo around Iran
• Rebecca Reilly - pioneering bike messenger turned US Marine
• Squash Falconer - first British woman to fly from Mt Blanc summit
• Megan Lewis - rode horseback between Beijing and London Olympics
• The Meek Family - young ambassadors for adventure!
• Emily Tolhurst - kayaked across English Channel in 2013 aged 14
• Hannah Engelkamp – walked 1000 miles round Wales with a donkey
• Holly Budge – first woman to sky-dive Mt Everest
Facebook them at: www.facebook.com/NightOfAdventure
Details and ticket booking
Full details as well as the ticket booking form are on the site below:
For more details, please contact [masked] or call them on[masked]
Please note: You will need to buy your own ticket on the above website and they usually sell out 2 to 3 weeks before the night.
If you prefer you can order tickets by phone on: [masked]
On the night
We are merely publicising this worthwhile evening so it's not an Outdooraholics run event so all questions do need to go to the organisers please. Graham will also be there on the night - he will be in the bar area from 6:30pm and at 6ft 5, is hard to miss!
The first talk will start at 7pm and the event is expected to finish by 10pm
Photos from the last Night of Adventure:
Hope to see you there!
Graham and the team at Outdooraholics