Old Town Alexandria Redux: FANTASTIC WEATHER PREDICTED!!
- This will be a walk-about, eating, drinking and dancing event that will include clues and articles to discover as we krawl through any establishments nominated by the planning krew.
- The approach will be to hit a dozen locales that you discover by either direct name call-out or hints to lead you to a spot. At CLUE-SITES we want teams to take pics of the groups. YOU SHOULD STOP AND ENJOY THE INFORMAL WALK... HAVE DRINKS, ENJOY WHATEVER...MAKE NEW FRIENDS FROM AMONG YOUR TEAM! THIS IS NOT A RACE!!!
- Last intercept (with specified location name and time) will be to find the last item, see who 'won'; and dance the night away.
Time line (flexible - the place is going to be PACKED and I did not sign a contract with these restaurants):
- 3pm: meet and distribute the clues sheets (we want everyone to have a clue-set and pay $5 per packet to constitute a 'prize' and to contribute to a beverage/munchie baseline at our 'final' location). 3:10 pm teams start their walk-abouts (again, not a race.. you should enjoy the afternoon with your new 'Indiana Jones Partners'....);
- 5pm: teams meet at a location as shown on the clue sheets (for status and new data) - it is expected that you will continue to investigate the town, have dinner, drinks, whatever as separate or converged teams at this time;
- 7pm: we ALL meet at the 'final' organized social location for announcements, 'winners', munchie/beverage kickoff). [folks can stay all evening or disband to hit any 'hidden jewel' locations they discovered along the way]
- 9pm: a second, outdoor pub/patio location may be made available to us and some/all may want to transition to there
THIS IS NOT A RACE [THE CLUES ARE SIMPLE AND COULD BE DONE IN 30 MINUTES!!!] BUT A ROMP ALONG KING STREET... YOU CAN DO THE HINTS IN ANY ORDER AND THE TEAMS WILL CONVERGE AND DEPART AS A CLUE-STRING(s) OFFERS (the hints won't be in serial order!)...
Goal: hit a handful of places and end up dancing the evening away with new-found friends.
WE WILL STAY ON 'THE STRIP' PRIMARILY. Researching and ideas solicited.
This could be a LOT of fun!!