align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Over 40 and Kicking It Up Adventure and Social Club Message Board › April 28th Horse ride / pig roast / camp out / breakfast

April 28th Horse ride / pig roast / camp out / breakfast

A former member
Howdy Riders and Campers!

I have created a discussion on the Over 40 page where everyone can post the dish they want to bring to share for the event. Please use the discussion page rather than the event site message board so that we don't get 63 emails about what everyone is bringing.

We will have two meals to share for this event: The Pig Roast dinner Saturday night, and breakfast on Sunday morning. If you are ONLY coming for the pig roast, and not camping out, please bring a dish for the Saturday night cookout.

We ask that each person bring one dish to share for one of the meals - either dinner or breakfast (and a serving utensil if required).

Please review what others have posted so we don't duplicate, and ensure that we have food for both events.
We will have a refrigerator at the farm house on the ranch to use for food storage, or you may bring your own cooler. Please bring plenty of water for yourself, and other beverages as desired. The ranch is providing plastic ware, cups, and paper plates for Saturday.

Please also list your musical instrument that you will be bringing - maybe the guitar players can share some music prior to the event? Greg E. is coordinating the guitar songs -- if you play, please contact him.

You may also use the discussion board to share or request to share camping equipment, tent space, etc.

Equipment suggestions: tent (or sleep in the indoor riding arena), ground cover (large plastic sheet), camp chair for sitting 'roun the fire, marshmallow stick, coffee cup, sleeping bag, tent stakes & mallet (probably have many to share out there), rain slicker, light jacket for cool evening, long pants for riding and shoes with HEELS - boot heels, not HIGH heels ladies :-), change of clothes, BUG spray, FLASHLIGHT, sun screen, pillow, water for brushing your teeth, hat on Sunday morning to cover bedhead, serving utensils for sharing the dish you bring. If I left anything off, please share with others on the discussion page.

I'll be going out to the ranch this weekend and take pictures of the camping site and camper hookups and posting them Sunday for everyone to see. This event will go, rain or shine, unless we have what Southern folks call a "frog strangler" - - and it rains so heavily that riding would be dangerous.

We look forward to riding and having a great weekend with ya'll! Lookout Secret Passage Ranch and Fort Valley!

Heide
A former member
Post #: 4
I will bring vegetables and rolls for dinner, plus wine and water.
Thanks Heide for all your hard work setting this up. What a great weekend you've organized, we will have a great time!!!
A former member
Post #: 23
Hi Heide,
Great job! smile Per your guidance I will come out early to help set up the camping. Am bringing my small RV and have plenty of infrastructure for others (can run generator, many implements, etc. - I could live in my 'Rini'). I also have games and sports equipment. The hope is to set up an 'outer' semi-circle with the other 'rigs' so the tents can be protected 'inside' by the creek and the bonfire. This will be fabulous!!! biggrin.
I hope to provide a bushel of spicy roasted onions and garlic for the pig dinner (and sweet potatoes) and a few dozen eggs for the breakfast (not cooking - I long ago learned the ladies throw out the guys over a good Sunday breakfast set-up).
Again, congrats on the prep and all the back-up alternatives you have relayed to me.... this is going to be a great event.... alex
Cheryl
user 12510076
Stafford, VA
Post #: 1
I will bring a dessert.
A former member
Post #: 6
Porta-potty facilities will be set up on the property so that campers will have somewhere to "go."
We will also have hand washing stations set up.
A former member
Post #: 10
Time permitting, I will try to make deviled eggs for Sat. night dinner. If not, will bring something edible anyway. :o)
Pattie W.
user 15382591
Bristow, VA
Post #: 3
I am in group A: riding, campfire & dinner, but no camping. I plan on bringing a salsa combination with chips that is a good side dish, too.
A former member
Post #: 2
I will bring macaroni salad and muffin for breakfast
Thank you Heide for all your effort to put this event togther. I hope we have good weather
A former member
Post #: 2
I will bring potato casserole
A former member
Post #: 8
Mike and I will bring Corn on the Cob in foil for roasting, as well as Pancakes (and Syrup) for Breakfast.