Oxford On Board Message Board › late xmas party

late xmas party

michael m.
user 10806425
Didcot, GB
I had originally planed to have an oxford on board xmas party but realising how awkward it was for my work to arrange a party and realising that everybody would have their own commitments around the holiday season I thought better of it. But I would still like to have a party. So if anybody has any ideas of some sort of special event we could use as an excuse then I have started a forum thread
Terry O.
user 12113117
Oxford, GB
Post #: 29
How about booking upstairs in the Mitre some Saturday in January. Are you thinking about subsidising using Oxford on Board funds from the piggy banks?
An Oxford University board game society has in the past booked that room for a board game conference over a weekend in January. They could be doing it again this year for all I know.
The upper room is a bit shabby though, I must say.
Sonia
user 9378740
Oxford, GB
Post #: 69
I was wondering if there was going to be a December Games cafe. Then we could all bring mince pies etc.
Max G.
user 41131132
Group Organizer
Oxford, GB
Post #: 1
I think a Xmas party sounds a great idea. Why not just don't tell your work colleagues!
Jack
JoaG
Holmes Chapel, GB
Post #: 145
Well, January will see the fourth birthday of Oxford on Board, donchaknow.... smile

Gamescafe: my bad, I completely forgot to list it - it was today. confused

Oxcon is supposedly at the weekend of 19 - 20 January this year. As in several years before, information on the event has been sporadic - so far the only confirmed date is found here, but last I heard even the Mitre (where it is supposed to be held) doesn't know of it. So the organisation of this event is once again pretty bad.

It looks like I'm once again going to be pretty busy in January, so I probably won't be much help in organising anything, but funding can be applied (IOW Oxford on Board has Money). So we could probably organise some sort of party evening somewhere some time (maybe a good time to talk to Copa?) where any roombooking fees could come out of the OOB fund.