Buy tickets at http://bitsbytesmusicrights.eventbrite.com/
About This Class
Due to popular demand, Annie Lin is reteaching this class on music licensing for media and content-driven startups! Join us to familiarize yourself with the music industry, understand copyright law as it pertains to your product, and learn to navigate the world of music rights and copyright licensing.
In this session, you will:
- Learn which music rights ought to be taken into account when launching your startup, mobile app, website, game or social product.
- Get acquainted with the players in the industry so that you know who to go to for the right resources.
- Understand the difference between a label, music publisher, performing rights organization, manager and digital distribution company.
- Learn how to go about licensing music, how much it costs and strategies for reducing these costs, as well as the ins and outs of related case studies.
- Ask and get answers to burning copyright questions that have been keeping you up at night.
- Meet other smart, tech-savvy people who are interested in creating and/or learning more about music, media startups and related products.
Testimonials From Past Classes:
" Annie knows her stuff. Learned a lot so it was worth coming."
" Very informative. Informal atmosphere."
About Your Instructor
Attorney and music supervisor Annie Lin has been working with music rights since 2001 and has negotiated on both sides of the table: both as a representative of labels/publishers and as a representative of companies seeking to license rights, including music startups, game companies, film/TV production companies and advertising agencies.
Currently, Annie is an attorney at Brave Noise Legal, a law practice that serves companies and creative professionals in entertainment, media and technology. She is also a music supervisor and the co-founder of the San Francisco Mixtape Society. Before crossing over to the business side of music, she used to make a living as a touring independent musician. You can read more about Annie here.