Negotiating is tough. Whether you’re trying to reach an agreement, hammer out the details of a contract, resolve disputes, or bargain for an advantage, it’s important to go in with a clear, flexible action plan. This course provides a structure for preparing for and conducting a negotiation. SNP’s approach aims for win/win outcomes, even in tough discussions.
Topics we’ll cover range from mapping out your goals to agreeing on next steps:
• Create a strategy for successful negotiation
• Understand your own needs and wants, plus those of the other parties
• Anticipate roadblocks and clarify difficult issues
• Ask for what you want
• Handle objections
• Get to win/win
• Preparing for negotiations
• Applying dialogue skills to understand the other side
• Using reciprocity to earn influence
• Closing with a win/win agreement
• Solidifying next steps
At SNP, we help some of the world’s most interesting companies craft strategic messages. We coach on executive presence and leadership style. We bring messages to life with creative services. And we consult with leaders to build coherent cultural identities.
We teach skills, not just theory. Our training programs focus on changing behavior for immediate use on the job. Our third-party objectivity ensures high-level training – we can be candid, because we're not part of the organization. We offer over twenty years of experience providing training to C-Level execs, VPs and upper management.