Help support your MeetupChip in
We are women who have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD or ADD) and who are interested in learning strategies, skills, and processes which can enhance our lives. We seek companionship, support, resources, recommendations and the kind of understanding that comes from being with those who "get it" from the inside out.
Women who have ADHD, especially those of us who are diagnosed in our 30's, 40's, 50's and later, have many years experience of struggling to "pass" for normal, of trying to fit in, and bewilderment of not knowing why we did the things we did.
How women experience ADHD is not the same as the way men often experience ADHD. The more we learned about ADHD/ADD the more we saw that women have issues and experiences that may be very different from men with ADHD/ADD. Traditional, co-ed groups were not the best place to discuss these.
This group has been founded to provide support and information-sharing, especially rooted in personal experience, and a potential "tribe" - a place where women who struggle, celebrate or perhaps suffer from their ADHD, can find companions and strength. Adult females who have been diagnosed (or who are wondering - exploring the potential of a diagnosis), are invited and encouraged to join us.
Because some friends, family members, and others such as employers still place a stigma on ADHD/ADD, this group membership is private.
DO YOU THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE ADHD?
Here are the signs and symptoms of the condition in adults:
* Chronic difficulty with poor attention and concentration.
* Excessive mental and/or physical restlessness or impulsivity.
* Chronic difficulty organizing your things, tasks and activities.
* Chronic and excessive procrastination.
* Challenges with planning, prioritizing and getting work started.
* Inability to complete projects.
* Excessive forgetfulness in daily activities.
* Difficulty following through and completing tasks in a timely manner.
* Easily frustrated and excessively impatient.
* Persistent feelings of being overwhelmed and underachieving in life.