The Portland Travel Meetup Group Message Board › Do You Like Good Italian Food and Wine? In Tuscany?

Do You Like Good Italian Food and Wine? In Tuscany?

Alan
user 2857978
Portland, OR
Post #: 34
Hi, all. Does anyone in this group like Italian food and good wine? How about Italian food and Italian wine in Italy?

This may be a little out there, but I am desperate. I am writing this because I am signed up to go on a 10-day food and wine tour in Tuscany in early September, 2013. However, my so-called travel companion is not able to commit to going, and I need to find someone who is interested in joining me, and is willing to commit by June 4th (I know, not a lot of time).

The land portion of the tour is $2,300, which includes most meals, many wine tastings and other food-related tours, and a viewing of the opera AIDA in Milan. It sounds like a fantastic trip to small non-touristy destinations. The airfare should be around $1,200 but may go up by then. The tour is being led by Franco Marchesi, who is the owner of Marchesi Vineyards in Hood River. There will be about 40 people on the tour. And oh yes, we would be sharing a room. But I am looking at this as strictly platonic and opportunistic, because I don't want to have to cancel on this trip. I am a really nice guy and completely harmless! :)

I have the itinerary, which I would have attached if I knew how. If interested, I will be happy to send it to you.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Alan
Alice
user 10639971
Portland, OR
Post #: 10
First thought that comes to mind -- don't cancel, pay the single supplement instead.
Alan
user 2857978
Portland, OR
Post #: 38
Thought of that. The single supplement is the full fare for the other person, $2,300. Too steep for my blood.