The group meets from 9:30 to 12:00 in room 301.
1) IDENTIFY YOUR INDIVIDUAL SEARCH SUCCESSES OF THE WEEK
2) REVIEW CONCERNS IDENTIFIED SINCE LAST MEETING
3) IDENTIFY ROADBLOCKS TO JOB SEARCH
4) PRACTICE YOUR 30 SEC ADDED VALUE INTRODUCTION
5) TRAINING BEST TECHNIQUES YOU USE IN JOB SEARCH & PRACTICE EXERCISES
6) COMMIT TO YOUR JOB SEARCH PLAN FOR THE NEXT WEEK
The following information will help you network more effectively and get the most out of the meeting:
a) Have a business card to pass out to others. If not, get cards inexpensively at www.vistaprint.com. Be sure cards include your name, email address, type of job for which you're seeking or any special skills you have.
b) Have a 30 second description of the job for which you are seeking. If not, Google "30 second added value" or "elevator talk" and be prepared to share with the other attendees the type of job for which you're seeking and the value you will add to the company which hires you.
c) Use LinkedIn to assist you in your job search. If you're not using LinkedIn you are missing out on a valuable networking tool. Go to LINKEDIN and see how you can use it to help you in your job search.
d) Research the industry / company for which you are interested. Use Manta and research companies in Tucson by the industry and key company executive.
See you on Wednesday!