|Sent on:||Monday, February 10, 2014 9:40 PM|
From: Pat Rowlands <[address removed]>
Date: February 6, 2014 at 3:16:14 PM EST
To: [address removed]
Subject: [glennbeck-39] ACTION ALERT - ENERGY
Thanks to Glenn and Donna Goss from the Agenda 21 Group for this information. They are asking all of us to take 2 Action Steps:
From: Glenn & Donna Goss <[address removed]>
Date: Wed, Feb 5, 2014
Subject: ACTION ALERT - ENERGY
Please pass these two items on to the group in confidence for immediate action.
1. It is Congress’s job to set our energy policy, and it’s time for policymakers to step up. Right now, there is a bipartisan proposal in Washington that would make some commonsense changes to the Administration’s regulatory agenda for GHGs. Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-KY) have developed a proposal that would put reasonable parameters on what the EPA can require. Specifically, the Manchin/Whitfield legislation would do the following:
- Be consistent with an “all-of-the-above” energy strategy by ensuring that the EPA sets a regulatory path forward for all energy sources.
- Require the Administration to set realistic targets based on technologies that are being used in commercial operation.
- Get us back on track toward having a real national energy strategy by delaying EPA regulations on existing power plants until Congress passes and the President signs a law setting the start date for the regulation.
Please contact your member of Congress to ask for their support of the Whitfield-Manchin proposal.
To find your representative, go HERE.
To find your senator, go HERE.
2. The EPA has announced new proposed rules that threaten the entire coal industry. If enacted, these new rules could force more plants to close, people to lose their jobs and devastate the communities that rely on coal to thrive. Sign a letter to the EPA and tell Gina McCarthy that you support jobs and coal communities.Locate the letter at ACCCE
This message was sent by Pat Rowlands ([address removed]) from Pittsburgh 9.12 Project.
To learn more about Pat Rowlands, visit his/her member profile
To report this message or block the sender, please click here
To unsubscribe from special announcements from your Organizer(s), click here
Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]
This email message originally included an attachment.