PHP as a Social Activity Message Board The General › St. Pete Location?

St. Pete Location?

Brandon
user 14415797
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 1
Hello Everybody,

I am interested in the group and I was wondering if anybody would consider branching off to a st. petersburg/largo location? Let me know. Thanks!
Sam L.
samuelelliot
Group Organizer
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 37
I wanted to revive this discussion, as nobody else has replied. Since this group is not tied to Tampa, and I personally live here, a meeting located in Saint Petersburg is not only tempting it's been considered and planned on. I've been reviewing options for where we could hold our meetings, and welcome suggestions from the group. In the interim, we could hold a meeting at a St Pete Penera and review our options and future plans.

If anyone is interested in moving forward with this consideration, we can create an official meetup.
John B.
user 45477482
Tampa, FL
Post #: 4
There is a Panera with a separate meeting room located at 2285 Ulmerton Rd. They charge $50 for the room, but all purchases by attendees go toward that, so if most people buy something it'll be free.

Here's a link to a Google map. https://maps.google.c...­

When I started the Tampa Bay Wordpress group, we met there a couple times. There was no facility to do a presentation (no blank walls or monitors, but for just discussion it worked fine.
Corry
user 17190121
Riverview, FL
Post #: 15
I have been reluctant to say "yes" to a St. Pete location, but if the meetups continue to draw the crowds we've seen the last couple of months, it'd be worth it to have a meeting room. I'm sure we could get enough people to buy SOMETHING so that we don't actually have to pay for the room.

It ads 10 to 15 min drivetime for me, as long as traffic doesn't get snarled.
Sam L.
samuelelliot
Group Organizer
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 51
This is a good direction to head, I'm going to first see how the conference rooms over in the AMSCOT building work out before starting anything up in St Pete.