align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

PHP as a Social Activity Message Board The General › palette on NetBeans not working

palette on NetBeans not working

Corry
user 17190121
Riverview, FL
Post #: 9
I installed NetBeans and thought I had it working. I can write PHP code and click the "play" button and it comes up in my browser. I set up a DB and executed SQL commands and they all worked.

The tutorial I am following suggested I use the palette to add an html form to the page I was working on. It had me use Ctrl-Shift-8 to open the palette, then suggested I drag "form" into my document. When I did, I got the dialog box that asked for the action, method and form name. When I put in my answers and clicked "ok", the dialog closed but the form code did not show up in my file. I tried it with "link" and "table" also and the dialog boxes all come up, but when I click "ok", the dialogs just close and don't give me any error messages and don't add the code to the file.

Any clues what might be wrong?
Sam L.
samuelelliot
Group Organizer
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 44
Corry, I'm not sure what's wrong, I tested it out on my system and don't find any issues. If you are running on a Linux system, I know you can open a terminal and type /usr/local/netbeans-7.1/bin/netbea­ns [enter], this should start up and provide you with a standard output from the application; I'm not sure about any other OS, but it should be the same. You may want to go over to the NetBeans Community Portal, view or post on the NetBeans Forum, or possably Report a Bug. I would personally not use the palette, only because I feel it slows me down. However, I imagine that the palette would provide some level of help for someone just starting out on NetBeans.
Corry
user 17190121
Riverview, FL
Post #: 10
The path you mentioned didn't exisit on my system, but I finally noticed a little error icon at the bottom of my netbeans window. It was a java error related to the HTML parser. I looked it up and it's common. It seems to break the palette and the enter key.

I had installed from Ubuntu's software center. I went back to it and saw that it was FULL of negative reviews. I'll be sure to at least glance at them from now on.

I'm removing it and will re-install it manually, getting the files directly from netbeans.org.

The Ubuntu version was 7.0.1 and the current version from netbeans is 7.2.1. It's no wonder there were problems. I'll re-post and let you know if the new-install works.

Yep! That fixed it.