PHP as a Social Activity Message Board The Happening › php 2014 FUN, Ticket Raffle, & Poll

php 2014 FUN, Ticket Raffle, & Poll

Sam L.
samuelelliot
Group Organizer
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 73
Our group was contacted by, php[tek] Conference Chair, Eli White with some php[tek]tastic news.

The creative minds behind php[architect] magazine have been running php[tek] as an annual PHP & web technologies conference since 2006. It's a PHP conference like no other: it brings together great technology content and great people and mixes them up in a wonderful cocktail of PHP fun. You'll find high-quality presentations by the brightest experts in the PHP world; coupled with a welcoming and friendly community of attendees and speakers. Buying a ticket to php[tek] includes access to all 3 days of the main conference (May 21st-23rd) as well as breakfast & lunch each day, swag bag goodies, plus access to all evening activities. There are currently three types of tickets offered, based upon your situation: Corporate, Individual, and Student.

Eli wanted to reach out, to let us know about a couple promotions they are extending to PHP User Groups for their upcoming php[tek] 2014 conference.

Early Bird sales for the conference just ended on February 15th, but Eli wants to make sure PHP as a Social Activity is well taken care of.

• The Early Bird pricing is over, however we've been given a 10% off coupon to use towards php[tek] 2014 tickets; valid until March 31st. Check out our groups Sponsors & Perks page, for this and other offers made special to our group.

• php[tek] has entered PHPaaSA in too WIN 1 of 2 tickets being raffled off amidst other PHP User Groups. The drawing will be held in a couple weeks and the winning User Groups will be informed. The only caveat for the winning User Groups: "Do something 'fun' to decide who [in the group] wins the ticket, and let us know the details!"

That last part (the caveat) sounds exciting! Assuming our group receives one of the "Golden Tickets", I'd like us to have a head start in preparing the 'fun' activity for determining which one of you will be the lucky recipient. To this end, I've created a php[tek] 2014 contest poll; take a look, cast your votes, cross your fingers!

Please contact me if you have any additional ideas, I'll add them as options for us to vote on; and I look forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting.

Thank you,

Sam Likins
PHPaaSA Organizer