POGOB! Message Board › Interview subjects needed!

Interview subjects needed!

Allison K.
user 80104362
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
Hi,

I'm an avid board game player and a Radio Broadcasting student at NAIT. Right now I'm working on a feature news story about the board game community in Edmonton, and I need interview subjects!

The feature story is simply a class project, so it won't be broadcast. However, with each interviewee's permission, I would use your interviews in shorter news stories that air on our campus radio station, NR92, and in an article for our campus newspaper, the Nugget.

I am particularly interested in people who have been involved in the board game community for a significant length of time - OR who have tried to be, but couldn't find or connect with any such community. I am interested in how the board game "scene" in Edmonton has changed over time.

I'm also looking for anyone who has an interesting personal story or perspective about board games.

Let me know if you are interested in doing an interview with me, and we can sort out details! Thanks a bunch!
Oliver R.
user 79052662
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
Hi,
I like to say I'm a board gamer, and I'm someone who has had some trouble connecting with the gaming community. I've played games like Go, Stratego, Settlers, Ticket to Ride, chess, checkers, Asian variations of Chess (in Thailand, Taiwan, Japan). Against opponents that were superstrong (blackbelt level), through tuk-tuk drivers who played me as a team in ascending skill level, through to a game of Go with a squirrel variation (we were playing in the mountains and the other player was so much stronger than me that we let an overly friendly squirrel run across the board to add a randomness factor to the game...)
:-)

Oliver