addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

POGOB! Message Board › Games Night at "The Adventurers Guild"

Games Night at "The Adventurers Guild"

Misha
user 84000612
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 2
Ok this is a discussion in order to test the public to see if there is any interest in starting another board-game night weekly at another location in the west of Edmonton called "The Adventurers Guild" at 15211 Stony Plain Rd. They used to host boardgame nights on Thursday but found that there was not enough interest and there was not enough people showing up. I talked to the store patrons and asked if it was possible that they would be able to host a group of gamers to come in and play games and was told that it would be fine. They have about ten large tables and chairs setup for people to sit down and play games. They usually host MtG and yu-gi-o tournaments throughout the week but have nothing going on on Saturday's and are open until Midnight. If there is interest in a games night there please leave a message so i have a basis to determine interest. This could become similar to POGOB's meetings on Sunday's.
AliKira
ali_kira
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
As cool as the idea is, and as much as The Adventurers Guild is a great place from what I hear (I've only been there once), I have this nasty tendency to get ridiculously busy and highly doubt that Saturday nights are likely nights for me to show up at all, given all the other activities I get busy with, but if others are regularly available on Saturdays it may be a good idea. That said, I would hate to disappoint the store by booking it for board games and consistently having low attendance, given that attendance is key for a successful business of this type.
Misha
user 84000612
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 6
So I`ve basically talked some more with the owner the the store during the event I hosted there. Here`s how things work in the Adventurer`s Guild: first, there is a large gaming area in the main foyer of the store. There`s about 10-12 tables set up in a row with chairs on either side that can accomodate at least 6 gamers per table. There is also 2 private rooms that have powered ventilation with locking doors that is real nice because when the store has a tournament on it shuts out all the noise of the store and you have your own private space that keeps cool. Secondly the store has tournaments that take precedence over casual gamers that come in or even over organized meetups, reserved or not. So If there is not enough room in the main area you can`t play there. There is a schedule; which I have to look more closely at when I get time. Most of the time, the weeknights are fairly open. And lastly, the private rooms can be used by gamers even for their private functions but there are some stipulations.
Misha
user 84000612
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 7
The stipulations for using the private rooms are: If the rooms are reseved and or `booked`, then you can`t use them. If one of the tournaments needs to use them because they have too many people for the main area then you can`t use them. If the owner of the store tells you you have to leave the room, then you can`t use them. You can only use the 2 private rooms if no one else is using them OR you have one of them booked/reserved. The owner is fine with people coming in and playing games all that he asks is that you help the store out a bit if you can by buying some concession items while your there. You don't have to, but he did mention that. IF you want to reserve on of the rooms you can call him and let him know you want to reserve the room. The cost to reserve is $8 for the first hour and $1 for every hour afterward. So if you gamed for 4 hours....its a charge of $12. Some times you can just show up and use the rooms cause no one has it reserved but if anyone shows up and says they have a reservation you have to leave the room.