Positively Veg*n Message Board › Good cat vet/cat sitter?

Good cat vet/cat sitter?

A former member
Post #: 154
Hi everyone,

I'm moving from Brooklyn to Fort Lauderdale in late January and am very excited to become part of the South Florida veg*n/animal activist community!

Coming with me are my two cats, Mr. T and Coconut Monkey Butt, the latter being epileptic and needing semi-regular vet care. Can anyone recommend a great cat vet? Also, I need a warm, trustworthy cat sitter, someone whose mere presence can coax a shy kitty from his hideout so that he can be given his pill pocket. :)

Speaking of recommendations, I'm in the market for pretty much everything: doctors, a hairdresser, even a job! After working in publishing all these years, I'm not quite sure what I want to do now, so I'm open to pretty much everything.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all when I move. Thanks to Jennifer for friending me on Facebook and letting me know about the group!

Warmest regards,
Roseann
marla
user 2430227
Pompano Beach, FL
Post #: 48
Hi Roseann,
Several people have had their hair colored and cut at Aveda. They seem to do a very good job. As far as vets go, I like my vet, Dr. Brunz at Bayview Animal Clinic in Ft Lauderdale. I've also heard good things about Dr. Sharon Glass in Ft. Lauderdale.
Hope to meet you in January.
Marla
A former member
Post #: 157
Thanks so much, Marla! Looking forward to meeting you too. :)
A former member
Post #: 24
Welcome to the group! Where in Brooklyn are you moving from? I used to live in Williamsburg :)

I am available for cat sitting upon request. I currently have 2 dogs and foster more time to time so I am familiar with needing to show extra love to get their spirit out!

See you soon,
Daniella
A former member
Post #: 158
Thanks, Daniella! I was born and raised in Gravesend-Midwood, but I'm currently living in Kensington. I'll definitely be in touch once I'm down there!!!
Keith B
user 4701467
Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 266
Another former Brooklynite chiming in:

I was born in Canarsie, bounced around Brooklyn and lived in Bay Ridge till I was 12 yrs old.

Then we moved upstate, and that's where my B'klyn story ends... except that my cousin now lives in Park Slope.

Y'know, that whole thing was sooooooo much more interesting in my head...tongue
Melanie
Melanie111
Group Organizer
Delray Beach, FL
Post #: 295
Welcome to our wonderful compassionate activist community.

Looking forward to meeting you biggrin
A former member
Post #: 162
Thanks so much, Melanie! I'm looking forward to it too. I fly down on the 28th, at which point I will officially be a Fort Lauderdale resident. :)