Are you curious about studio lighting & flash?
Do you love photography, but have only been working with natural lighting & you're not sure where to start with learning about studio lighting?
Well then, this is the class for you!
Come discover all of the possibilities there are using studio lighting!
In this 2.5 hour class, we will cover:
- Different lighting sources and their properties (such as ambient room light, studio strobes & flash units, as well as, continuous studio lights.)
- What your camera settings need to be set at; shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and white balance for the different lighting sources.
- Different modifiers, why & when to use each (soft boxes - square, round, or strip boxes, umbrellas, snoots, barn doors, grids, and reflectors)
- Different ways to remotely trigger studio or flash strobe lights.
Lighting is a profound subject, with many more complex topics and specific areas to learn to really be proficient at it. However, this class will give you a sound understanding of the basics & give you a strong foundation of knowledge to build upon.
Knowing and understanding how to create or control light is the #1 thing you can do to become an amazing photographer!
* I do require that you either attend the Photography 101 class before coming to this class or that you already have an understanding of your camera's settings in manual mode.
You should understand what a stop of light is and how to change it using one of the 3 features in your camera (ISO, shutter, and aperture). You can not work with more complex lighting without this knowledge. Studio strobes can't be used with program or automatic modes in your camera.
This is a short class so I can only cover the basics of lighting, and simply won't have the time needed to go back and teach basic photography (although I love to teach that too) If you are interested in a basic photography class, please feel free to send me a message or leave a comment below this event. I will try to put one on the calendar again.
-If you plan to attend the 2nd class of the day, the more advanced lighting class, I will be offering a discounted price of $20 on the 202 class! Just change the price of the second class to $20. PayPal will send me a notification email & I will know why the price was changed! Vice-versa, for the same $20 discount if you wish to attend this lighting 101 class & have already signed up for the 202 class!
Please email me if you have any questions at:
I look forward to seeing you there!
- Lori Jill