Come Celebrate with us!
CANCELLED!! CANCELLED!! CANCELLED!!CANCELLED!!
Due the weather forecast and low participation I have decided to cancel the walk and the picnic. I hope we don't have to cancel our next walk, the weather has been crazy wet and humid this year! I will reschedule the Picnic once the weather cools off if the fall.
I would like to see as many Pack members as possible stop by and join in the celebration of our 1 year anniversary as a Pack! We have reserved Shelter 7 for the entire day. We will start with a Pack Walk followed by a Pot Luck Picnic! There are also a couple of nice dog friendly swimming areas too! Plan to come and hangout with the pack or at least stop by throughout the day for a quick hello!
I could not be prouder of this group! The true friendships that have developed are more than I could have ever imagined. The progress we have seen in the dogs has been amazing! We have grown to 132 members to date! And to think this started just one year ago as a simple Facebook post, "Who wants to join us for our Sunday Stroll?" I am overwhelmed ....even speechless at times.....just watching the Pack develop and grow and progress. It has been an amazing year! Thank you everyone for being a part of our Pack!
You are all invited to join in for Pot Luck Picnic!
We will have a morning Pack Walk followed by a Pot Luck Picnic. We hope all of our Pack Members can be a part of our celebration.
Even if you can not come for the walk or bring your dog, we would still love for you to stop by and spend some time with your fellow Pack Members.
Sign below in the Comment section if you know what you are planning to bring to share.
See you there!
Click on the link below for a Park Map
Please Review the Information and Guidelines below! Thanks!
WELCOME! We are so glad you have decided to participate in Pack Walk with Willow and Friends!
The goal of Pack Walk with Willow and Friends is to promote a fun, yet safe and productive atmosphere for both dogs and humans. This is a supportive and non-judgmental group.
In order to promote this environment, there are some very important guidelines that need to be followed. This includes those folks who have been on previous pack walks with the group. We need to stay attentive at all times.
A pack walk is a basically walk with a purpose. You want to exercise your dog’s mind and body. You are in charge. Your dog does not walk ahead of you or behind you and he/she is not allowed distractions such as squirrels, lizards, other dogs, or people. The leash is kept short. You – not the dog - decide where to walk and when to take breaks. There is no sniffing or marking during the walk.
• All breeds are welcome as long as they are 6 months or older.
• No dogs in heat
• Altered dogs are preferred
• No flexi leads
• No balls, treats, or toys
• All dogs must be current on their vaccinations and be wearing their rabies tag.
• We do not introduce any dogs until they are tired from walking.
• Please keep a respectful distance, and don’t EVER attempt a “nose to nose” greeting.
• Please, do not allow excessive barking or “antics.” This will excite the other dogs.
• You are responsible for providing your own poop bags, water, leashes, and other supplies.
• Please pay attention to your dog(s) at all times, particularly on rest breaks
• Monitor your dog(s) for signs of over exertion, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke. If you aren’t sure if your dog is in distress, ask one of us.
• We always do introductions before each walk to welcome any new families and get information about the dogs. Don’t be shy about voicing any issues that your dog may have. We have ALL been there and we understand.
• Please pay attention during the introduction period and be aware of issues that the other dogs may have.
• If there is a particular problem you would like help with, let us know. We are willing to switch up dogs and work with you.
• Remember, there is a lot of work and patience involved, but consistency is the key to a well behaved dog! These walks allow your dog to bond with you and establish you as his/her leader!
• Be aware that some of us have been “pack walking” together for several weeks. Some of our dogs have met and are used to each other. That doesn’t mean that you and your dog(s) cannot be part of the group. Again, we all started out where you are now. We did our introductions slowly and let the humans decide when the dogs were ready to make friends.
Let's be Responsible!
When we are out with the group, we are representing pit bulls and other breeds. We are fortunate to live in an area with no breed legislation. We are allowed to walk our dogs in public, and it’s very important that we make a good impression!