We are very excited to get back together with the Pack after a much needed respite following some difficult personal losses. I would like to thank everyone for their support and patience.
We will meet at 8:15am and walk promptly at 8:30am. This way we will beat the heat, avoid walking the dogs on hot pavement.
Since it is Memorial Day weekend I thought it would be a nice idea to dress in patriotic colors and bandanas in honor of our Troops, both past and present.
Please join us at this pretty little hidden treasure in Clearwater. This a beautiful walk, but it can be very sunny, so be sure to bring plenty of water for you and your dog. You may also want to bring bug repellent, as we have had mosquito attacks in the past in the wooded areas. This is one of my personal favorite parks, but the paths and Boardwalks can be a bit narrow so we need to be courteous and stay to one side.
We are so glad you have decided to join Pack Walk with Willow & Friends!
The mission of Pack Walk with Willow and Friends is to promote a fun, yet safe and productive atmosphere for both dogs and humans.
A pack walk is a basically walk with a purpose to exercise your dog’s mind and body. You are in charge. You, not the dog, decide where to walk and when to take breaks. Keep your dog close to your side to detour your dog from sniffing, marking or being distracted. By doing this you are teaching your dog to look to you for guidance and leadership.
Please Review our Guidelines!
• We welcome all breeds.
• We always do introductions before each walk to welcome any new families and get information about the dogs. Don’t be shy about voicing any issues that your dog may have. We have ALL been there and we understand.
• Please pay attention during the introduction period and be aware of issues that the other dogs may have.
• We do not introduce any dogs until they are tired from walking with consent from all involved parties. We discourage, nose-to-nose greetings.
• Please keep a respectful distance before, during and after the walk.
•Dogs must be at least 6 six months old.
• No dogs in heat
• Altered dogs are preferred
• No flexi leads. Four foot or shorter leashes are preferred.
• No balls or toys.
• All dogs must be current on their vaccinations and be wearing their rabies tag.
• Please, do not allow excessive barking or “antics.” This will excite the other dogs.
• Please pay attention to your dog(s) at all times, particularly on rest breaks
• You are responsible for providing your own poop bags, water, leashes, and other supplies such as sun screen and bug repellent.
• Remember, there is a lot of work and patience involved, but consistency is the key to a well behaved dog! These walks allow your dog to bond with you and establish you as his/her leader!
Let's be Responsible!
When we are out with the group, we are representing pit bulls and other breeds. We are fortunate to live in an area with no breed legislation. We are allowed to walk our dogs in public, and it’s very important that we make a good impression!