Welcome Back to the Pack! We are excited to get back on the trail with Willow and all her Friends. Come join us in our for our big return!
Let's take a stroll through the neighborhoods of Dunedin and along the trail to discover "Old Florida". There are plenty of Doggy friendly restaurants and bistros to check out after the walk if you wish.
We will meet by the stage at 8:30 in Pioneer Park in Downtown Dunedin and head out at8:45 through the local neighborhoods to experience Florida charm.
Please follow the Guidelines! Thanks!
WELCOME! We are so glad you have decided to participate in Pack Walk with Willow and Friends!
The goal of Pack Walk with Willow and Friends is to promote a fun, yet safe and productive atmosphere for both dogs and humans. This is a supportive and non-judgmental group.
In order to promote this environment, there are some very important guidelines that need to be followed. This includes those folks who have been on previous pack walks with the group. We need to stay attentive at all times.
A pack walk is a walk with purpose. You want to exercise your dog’s mind and body. You are in charge. Your dog does not walk ahead of you or behind you and he/she is not allowed distractions such as squirrels, lizards, other dogs, or people. The leash is kept short. You – not the dog - decide where to walk and when to take breaks. There is no sniffing or marking during the walk. Walking this way promotes discipline and respect between dog and owner. (This is the Goal, but we realize we and our dogs are all a work in progress!)
• All breeds are welcome as long as they are 6 months or older.
• No dogs in heat
• Altered dogs are preferred
• No flexi-leads
• No balls or toys
• All dogs must be current on their vaccinations and be wearing their rabies tag.
• We do not introduce any dogs until they are tired from walking.
• Please keep a respectful distance, and don’t EVER attempt a “nose to nose” greeting.
• Please, do not allow excessive barking or “antics.” This will excite the other dogs.
• You are responsible for providing your own water, poop bags, leashes, and other supplies such as sunscreen and bug repellant.
• Please pay attention to your dog(s) at all times, particularly on rest breaks
• Monitor your dog(s) for signs of over exertion, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke. Please let us know if you or your dog is in distress.
• We always do introductions before each walk to welcome any new families and get information about the dogs. Don’t be shy about voicing any issues that you or your dog may have. We have ALL been there and we understand.
• Please pay attention during the introduction period and be aware of issues that the other walkers and dogs may have.
• If there is a particular problem you would like help with, let us know. We are willing to switch up dogs and work with you.
• Remember, there is a lot of work and patience involved, but consistency is the key to a well behaved dog! These walks allow your dog to bond with you and establish you as his/her leader!
• Be aware that some of us have been “pack walking” together in the past. Some of our dogs have become familiar with each other. That doesn’t mean that you and your dog(s) cannot be part of the group. Again, we all started out where you are now. We did our introductions slowly and let the humans decide when the dogs were ready to make friends. It's all about good communication and respect.
Let's be Responsible!
When we are out with the group, we are representing pit bulls and other targeted breeds. We are fortunate to live in an area with no BSL, (breed specific legislation). We are allowed to walk our dogs in public, and it’s very important that we make a good impression!