October 27, 2013 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
The Sean Ciall Sword Circle (http://www.seanciall.org/sword_circle.htm) focuses on integrating the mind and body as a way to defend one’s self and one’s community as well as supporting Sean Ciall Rituals. Our Training program use traditional and nontraditional techniques including martial arts, Ki, psychoenergetics, sports hypnosis & NLP to allow members to work at very high levels (physically, psychically & energetically).
When: Oct[masked] PM - Basic Survival Falling
COST: Suggested Donation $5 to help pay for space rental but everybody is welcome regardless of financial status.
Where: Seven Star Women's Kung Fu http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=&daddr=525+21st+Avenue%2C+Seattle%2C+WA+98122%2C+us
Seattle, WA 98122
Learning to fall correctly is one of the most important skills a person can have. Several students who took this class have said that this training has protected them from serious harm. The class will cover:
· Understanding the fear of falling
· Basic Falling Techniques
· Basic Rolling techniques
· Survival Rolling & Falling
· ADVANCED STUDENTS: Rolling and falling with weapons
This is open to all people regardless of paths or prior training
Statistics about falls:
· Twenty to thirty percent of people who fall suffer moderate to severe injuries such as lacerations, hip fractures, or head traumas.
· Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries
· Many people who fall, even if they are not injured, develop a fear of falling. This fear may cause them to limit their activities.