Paleo Canberra Message Board › Paleo Restaurants in Canberra

Paleo Restaurants in Canberra

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, my partner and I are new to Canberra and we follow the Paleo diet. Does anyone know of any Paleo Restaurants in Canberra?
Evangeline L
user 61816432
Canberra, AU
None that I know of that advertise themselves specifically as paleo restaurants, interested to find out about any that do though!
A former member
Post #: 2
Today we went to the Belconnen markets and a cafe called Beppe’s Tuscan Kitchen served a Paleo breakfast. 2 poached eggs, half an avocado on top of sautéed spinach.

We have also been keen to try out Deeks bakery and cafe as they produce 100% gluten-free and grain-free foods. We will try to get there next weekend and see what they have.
Jen
KitschWitch
Canberra, AU
We have also been keen to try out Deeks bakery and cafe as they produce 100% gluten-free and grain-free foods. We will try to get there next weekend and see what they have.

Deeks uses a lot of quinoa and amaranth to make 'grain-free' bread etc. I will be interested to hear if you find anything paleo there.

As for restaurants, I haven't found anywhere that advertises themself as paleo, but most are very accommodating, especially if you let them know in advance. They are used to catering for allergies and all sorts of special diets and I never hear a complaint when I ask for some variation of a menu item :)

Jane M.
user 59899152
Canberra, AU
I had breakfast at Rodney's nursery cafe in Pialigo this morning (served until 1130). Eggs cooked in butter, great bacon and a side of greens (salad) in olive oil. Pretty good! (if you eat butter of course).
Jane
Edited to say - Make sure you specify that you want your breakky cooked in butter. For the first time they served me inedible eggs cooked (swimming!) in some unmentionable industrial lube. I could taste it and it made me feel sick.
I'd recommend Cafe Praga in Dickson too. I go there every wednesday for lunch and they advertise that their scrambled eggs are cooked in butter and they are yummy!