Canberra, AU
Post #: 3
Any suggestions/ideas/preferences? smile
Jane M.
user 59899152
Canberra, AU
Post #: 4
Hi Lisa
I have a draft meetup request for a picnic somewhere like the English Garden at Weston Park or Glebe park. I was thinking perhaps an early dinner, bring a plate of your favorite dish to share, or we could go somewhere with a BBQ.
Also happy to to go to a restaurant where someone else will cook for me biggrin
Evangeline L
user 61816432
Canberra, AU
Post #: 10
Pot luck sounds great!
Christine
user 77483482
Canberra, AU
Post #: 1
Hi, I am new to this group, has there been a decision on where to meet?
Cheers,
Chris
Leonnie
Leonnie
Canberra, AU
Post #: 7
Hi ALL
smile
Any dates yet ?
I'd probably prefer a restaurant and the weather's been a bit weird lately
Is there any Paleo acceptable restaurant s ?
My partner is more likely to join me then too which is not essential but would be nice
We're pretty flexible, a Friday evening or Saturday evening would be good
I work most Sat' during the day
Evangeline L
user 61816432
Canberra, AU
Post #: 11
Honestly, I would prefer a restaurant too but I can't think of any paleo friendly ones! These days I don't go out much and when I do it's a cheat meal.

Steakhouses aren't too bad but I always feel slightly ripped off because I could spend a quarter of the price on a raw steak and easily grill it myself :P

Maple and Clove is pretty good (if a bit pricey) - they even do bolognese with zucchini 'noodles', make their own tomato sauce and use sweet potato fries. They don't put sugar in anything. But they don't do dinners.

Blu Ginger is another favourite of mine. The curries are generally safe and I do occasionally eat rice (I regard it as a safe starch).
Christine
user 77483482
Canberra, AU
Post #: 4
Dinner would be nice so partners can come along..... Most restaurants do steak/chicken etc with veges that are fine as long as you don't have sauce... Or there is always salad options...... Clubs often offer the most choices.....
Jane M.
user 59899152
Canberra, AU
Post #: 6
Hi All
Sorry it's taken me so long to organise the next meetup.
Seems like a restaurant is the preferred option? I've had a look around on the web for suitable places. Suggestions are most welcome at this point.
I've come up with Smoque in Civic, they do "protein plates", link to the menu below. I've read positive reviews. They take bookings for more than 5.
http://www.urbanspoon.com/u/menu/1708592

Another option I've been toying with is breakfast. If choosing a restaurant is a little fraught, you can't really go wrong with bacon and eggs!
Cafe Praga (Dickson) cooks their scrambled eggs in butter, or there's Beppe's at Belco markets that does a Paleo breakfast. I've indulged on more that several occasions and it is divine!
Let me know preferences and I'll set a date for about 2 weeks from now.

Jane
Evangeline L
user 61816432
Canberra, AU
Post #: 12
I've been to Smoque a couple of times and I really do like it but I'd regard it as a cheat meal since I'm fairly sure there's sugar in their marinades (*very* happy to be corrected though). I also wouldn't be able to resist eating the cornbread :(
Breakfast also wouldn't really be an option for me because...I'm not a morning person :P
How about Tosung Korean BBQ (http://tosung.com.au/...­
Christine
user 77483482
Canberra, AU
Post #: 5
Dinner is better for us..... Happy to try anywhere...
Cheers, Chris