to RSVP for this go to the following -- http://www.meetup.com/Chicago-Biohacking/events/199719942/
Now here are the details:
At this meetup, we'll dive deep into the world of nutrition to explore how what we eat affects our health and performance. We are experimenting with a new format for this meetup - we will have a panel of experts lead the discussion. We're so fortunate to have this incredible group of presenters:
• Jim Marlowe: Jim came highly recommended from our own Kelly Pierce! Jim has studied nutrition for the past 37 years, is a strong proponent for the fundamental value of Eating in Harmony with Our Metabolism, and he was the chief nutritionist at Dr. Mercola's Optimal Wellness Center from 2000 to 2007. He brings a wealth of knowledge to our panel!
• Alexandria Cotie: Alexandria is a sports nutritionist at SportFuel, an integrative nutrition consulting firm and also the team nutritionists for the Chicago Blackhawks! Alex works with elite and professional athletes from various sports, so she'll bring great insights into the relationship between nutrition and performance.
• Nick Wernimont: Nick is a former MMA fighter (he went 16-0 during his career) and nutrition played a critical role in his success. He is now the founder of Factor 75. He has a fascinating history with nutrition and he will give the panel an athlete's perspective on how diet impacts our performance. • Lynette Geris: Lynette has followed a Paleo diet for over two years and it has dramatically altered her health. She is now starting a non-profit to promote healthy habits in Chicago. She also blogs about the Paleo diet and is a Paleo specialist on Fitocracy. She'll be the panel's Paleo expert and will bring a unique social perspective to our discussion. During this meetup, we will...
1. Discuss the latest in nutrition science.
2. Learn each panelist's personal experiences with diet and nutrition.
3. Highlight actionable takeaways that each of us can experiment with to improve our health and performance.
As always, there will be plenty of time for Q&A so bring your questions!
Because space is limited, there is a $5 cost to attend the event but that includes a Paleo dinner from Factor 75 (a $12 value). • When: Monday, August 25th. 6:00pm - food and social time. 6:30-8:30pm - panel discussion. • Where: IIT Institute of Design (350 N LaSalle St, Chicago, IL 60602). It's on the 6th floor. Call my cell phone at [masked] if you have any troubles.