Special Incense Purification & Increasing Merit Practice: Importance of Attitude
Wed, Aug. 7th @ 7 pm - 9 pm
245 College Ave. Apt. C, Palo Alto
It is very easy for obstacles to occur when something in our attitude is not correct or deep enough. For instance, when we don't treat something important enough, very easily something can come that will push us away from it or will make us make mistakes around how we judge it. It is these hidden dangers that we call obstacles, when we mis-perceive things and don't see what is beneficial and what is hurtful to ourselves and others.
It is just like planting a seed that could lead to a whole plantation of crops that is the only source of food to support yourself and your whole country. If you don't pay close attention to it, treat it with the utmost importance conditions may come that will try to hurt this little seeds that so much deepens on. If you don't pay attention, it could get too little water dry up and die, or if you don't protect it from hidden dangers of something trampling on it, it could also die. Rinpoche is always paying attention to these hidden dangers that can cause damage to that precious seed in our minds. That precious seed of the Dharma teaching, of the Blessing from all those Great Cultivators. We don't realize how precious this seed we receive is, we don't treasure it, and don't protect it from the dangers. We hurt ourselves because of our attitude, our misunderstanding of its importance. When Rinpoche feels we have this hidden danger and feels that we can't see how to protect this precious seed, because of his great compassion and care for us, he has to wake us up. Help us to give ourselves a chance, if we hurt this seed we waste our chance to wake up and realize the greatest potential of our mind. We throw away our greatest chance to transform. This seed is very, very precious- Rinpoche wants to help us to see it, nurture it, and show you the ultimate potential of it. But we have to see its importance and protect it from the hidden dangers of the wrong attitude.
Please Join Us for A VERY SPECIAL INCENSE PURIFICATION & INCREASING MERIT PRACTICE:
• We will be lighting very blessed incense stick that Rinpoche did a very special meditation blessing practice, called the "Drop" Meditation a very precious meditation that is the essence of our Lineage Teachings that come from Manjushri Bodhisattva (this only comes from our Lineage.)
• This incense as a very special blessing that can remove obstacles, purify the mind and body, and help the positive merit, luck, and positive power and ability of the mind to increase.
• This practice will only happen a few times, so don't miss your chance! It will be a great benefit to you, your family and your life!
We will also discuss why is ATTITUDE ESSENTIAL ON THE BUDDHIST PATH-
• What does Attitude mean in Buddhism?
• What are the benefits of having the correct attitude and the disadvantages of having an incorrect attitude?
• How does having the correct attitude protect us from obstacles and negativities that try to block us on the spiritual path?
Please reply and RSVP if you are interested in attending our study group!
For any questions or directions, please call Julie at [masked].