Has your son or daughter ever had the dream of getting a story published?
Are they looking for ways to get started on their stories?
Would they like to receive some specific coaching?
If you answered "Yes!" to any of these questions, then bring your children and invite friends to our Annual Write-athon!
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2012
1:00PM - 5:00PM
We're hosting our Write-athon for both Young Writers and Teen Writers, ages 7-18.
This event has two intentions:
* to provide a rare opportunity to do a deep-dive into our story-writing
* to help us raise funds for the graphic design and set-up fees to print up our 2nd Annual Young and Teen Writers Anthologies, slated to be published and distributed on Amazon.com in November 2012.
Join us for an hour or all 4 hours.
Sign up online today:
Sunday, September 30, 2012
1:00pm - 5:00pm
Generously hosted by parent Bryony Autumn
3731 El Centro Street, Palo Alto CA
* current drafts of your stories, essays, articles, etc.
* your laptop computer & power cord OR
* paper notebook, pens/pencils
* bottle of water
* nut-free snacks/appetizers to share with everyone
* contributions from family and friends toward our fundraiser. All amounts are welcome!
* specific feedback and coaching for your current drafts (2 writing coaches available)
* exercises for getting through writer's block
Please contact me at [masked] or[masked]-7876.
To your writing life,
Shu-Hsien Ho & Royd Hatta
Since 1996, Writing Coach Shu-Hsien Ho has been passionate about teaching youth and teens, ages 7-18, how to organize their thoughts and write with power, clarity and ease. Students have worked with Ms. Ho to learn to write essays, research reports, their own poems, short stories and even their first novels. One writer independently published her 400-page fantasy novel at the age of 20. Her students have gotten accepted into top colleges and universities, such as UC San Diego, Boston University, Carnegie Mellon and Brown University. Shu-Hsien Ho has a B.A. from Pomona College and an M.A. from Lesley University. Ms. Ho and her students published two hero-themed anthologies in May 2011: Strokes of Lightning and Real Heroes Wear Sneakers. Shu-Hsien Ho and her Writing Coach husband Royd Hatta teach several homeschooling group courses and at the Chinese American International School in San Francisco, in addition to running two thriving Writing Clubs for Bay Area Young Writers and Teen Writers.