On sunday April 14th, how about a relaxing walk around a couple of nice parks outside Paris ?
The highlights : 1. Walking through the blossoming cherry trees,
2. all around the Parc de Sceaux - off the beaten paths ;
as well as 3. visiting an Arboretum (a kind of ''real trees'' museum) and walking through another lovely park.
Altogether an ''easy but pretty'' walk around 3 different parks.
Level : easy, but not suitable to kids.
We will stop & share a relaxing tea time break at about 4.30 pm, sitting somewhere on the grass. You may bring something to share with the other hikers.
Finishing time : at approx 5.30pm near stations "Parc de Sceaux" RER B or Croix de Berny RER B - or ROBINSON, depending on our speed.
Meeting time : at 1.30pm this sunday, at the RER B station Bourg-La Reine , near the main exit & main ticket counter.
RER infos : take only the RER B line heading south of Paris.
Trains every 5 mins,
& the latest one is leaving from Chatelet les Halles at 1.10pm sharp,
or from Denfert rochereau at 1.19pm.
--> Arriving at 1.28 pm in station Bourg la Reine RER B.
The hike will then start immediately and we cannot wait any longer.
Train direction is : Robinson or St Rémy or any other... Pls just make sure your train stops in "Bourg la Reine"station.
Costs : Event fee : 2.00 € / person
+ RER B tickets :
- single ticket for going there : 2.60 € (available from any Paris' métro station) - Zone 3, or 8.80€ (mobilis Pass , for unlimited travel that day within 3 zones).
Tickets available from any Paris' METRO station, at your doorstep. But pls bring enough small change.
- Return : we will NOT come back from the same station, so pls don't buy any return ticket in advance.
Free transport : if with a monthly Navigo Pass only.
Finishing time : at about 5 to 5.30 pm in Croix de Berny or Antony or even Bourg la Reine RER B (zone 3).
Please take part in this outing ONLY if you agree with the following important Disclaimer :
"I acknowledge that hiking is an activity with, like most sports and outdoor activities, a possibility of personal injury.
My decision to voluntarily participate in these activities is an informed decision and I am aware of and shall accept such risk. I agree to be responsible for my own actions and involvement in these activities,
and will not held the guide or the Meetup organisation responsible for any injury or problem I may encounter during this trip".
If you are not a regular hiker, pls read a couple of useful informations :
- Bring something to drink all along the trail - and sthg to eat at about 5pm, incl. - if you wish to - something to share (soft drink or food, home-made or not ... )
- Try to bring an empty cup - just in case sbdy has brought tea, coffee or any drink to share...
- Make sure you wear suitable shoes for sports & outdoor activities : running or hiking shoes.
+ hat, sunglasses (& sunscreen for the most optimistic ones), an umbrella-if rain is expected, a light backpack (with everything in it wrapped inside plastic bags : in case of rain).
- You may also take with you something large enough & waterproof to sit on for the breaks.
See you then,
Space is limited to a maximum of about 25 hikers only,
then pls update your RSVP - & in advance if you cannot make it.
Not Open to those still on waiting list by noon on sunday 14th.