Apr 13, 2013 · 1:00 PM
Self defence and martial arts are not the same! Still there is a lot of crossover between the two, and during this afternoon we will train firmly in the area where the two combine.
Internal martial arts like Taiji and Bagua are often considered difficult to apply in fighting situations. In my opinion this because they are usually poorly taught ad poorly understood.
In fact Bagua has many methods that you can learn easily and are extremely effective.
Why? Because Bagua uses natural movement principles - it is as natural as walking.
Anyway come along and find out!
We will work on:
- Body use principles as a deterrent to attack, for communication and de-escalation
- Bagua to develop intuition and ‘radar’
- Bagua footwork for offense and evasion
- The 4 vital components of an intelligent combative movement
- Bagua principles of change and transformation to maximise combat effectiveness
- Common mental and physical situations that get people stuck (and how to unstick!)
We will use a mix of solo and partner practices over the afternoon. It will be useful whether or not you have practiced Bagua or another martial art before.
Places are limited. The session will cost €40 or €30 If yo pay in advance.
Call me on[masked] or send an e-mail [masked]
Of course you can RSVP on meetup too - and I'll be in touch.
The first hour is free! When you RSVP please mention if you plan to come for the day.