Hey folks, let's get some good booze, play some bocci, and hear some good music at Union Hall in Park Slope! This is an awesome and HUGE bar, with lots of couches, lots of books, and even two bocci courts and a downstairs music space!!!
We'll meet up starting around 6:30 so we can get on the bocci schedule incase anyone wants to play.
As for bocce rules, I think we should follow the simple rules shown in this video:
Union Hall is a block east from the Union St. train station for the R train.
See you guys there!!!
Goal of game= to get as many balls close to the palina (white ball)
1. Throw palina down at least ½ length of court.
2. Team one throws all their balls as close to palina as possible, but ball hitting wall doesn’t count. Or, Teams take turns throwing their balls.
3. Once all balls are thrown, closest color balls get points until next closest ball is a different color, and that stops point count for that round.
4. You can also try to hit palina closer to your balls, after putting all your color balls in a group on the court.
5. Balls that hit the wall on first throw are taken out of the court.