January 24, 2013 · 7:45 PM
This location is shown only to members
• This class is great for beginners and intermediate dancers. We will always start with basic, timing and hold and then move into an intermediate pattern as well as some technique.
• Cash or check payments please
• Usually I will be teaching till 7:45 so come on into the lobby and make yourself at home. There will be name tags on the counter. When I finish the lesson I will invite everyone into the studio. I will collect payments at the end of class.
• Class is $15 dollars total (it includes practice session time)
• If you are interested you can pick up a pack of 10 classes for $100 save $50.
Etiquette & Attire:
• Please arrive on time. If you are late please grab a nametag from the counter and come on in and join us.
• Be aware that we are in close contact with others. Showers, fresh breathe and a friendly smile are greatly appreciated by everyone.
• Try to wear shoes that will not slip off. Ideally they will have a hard sole. Avoid flip flops, mules and sneakers.
• The room has a great deal of echo. It is great for some things, difficult for large groups. Keep talking to a minimum while instruction is going on. Once the music is playing… go wild!
• Although you might be experienced with a step and your partner might be struggling.. resist the force!! Do not try to teach or correct them. Very often this can lead to a resentful partner, miscommunication on the information (what you are saying is not exactly what the teacher is trying to convey) or even worse it might be something you need to correct. In my years of professional dancing with a happy partner I have learned that you must: 1) Fix yourself- Always approach issues and addressing them by looking at what you are doing wrong or could do better 2) Get your instructor involved. They will solve your problem in a delicate way. It is much easier to be corrected by someone you are paying to correct you than to hear criticism from your partner.
When coming to the studio please put 169 North Halstead St Pasadena 91107 in your GPS.
We are just North of the 210 right next to the Sierra Madre metro stop and the fire station.
Our building is a ranch style yellow building with a large parking lot in front near the corner of Halstead and Foothill.
If you get completely lost, work your way back to Foothill and call me at[masked] or[masked]-7388.
Once here, enter in through the French white doors with the 2 planters and 2 lanterns.
See you on the floor!