May 15, 2013 · 5:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Business Portion of Meeting starting at 5pm
Educational Portion of Meeting starting at 6pm
For the Educational portion of the meeting Gary Hayes from Prosoco will provide an AIA accredited presentation.
Window-opening air and water leakage has been a dif-
ficult problem for the construction industry. This course
evaluates building failures, conventional construction
approaches, and new developments in waterproofing
techniques to show a path forward for designers seek-
ing higher-performing wall assemblies.
1. Explain why job-site conditions should be used as
systems engineering requirements in construction
2. Compare and contrast the similarities and differ-
ences between silicone, urethane, and STPE seal-
3. Describe the multi-step weatherproofing process
of conventional window installation and how such
installations fare in real-world testing conditions.
4. Explain new window weatherproofing techniques
using liquid flashing membranes.
5. Instruct others on construction defect remedia-
tion using STPE technology through case-study