Regular PHCA monthly meeting with Introduction to Passive House, followed by a full presentation on a variety of topics related to Passive House design, construction, energy efficiency, building science, economics, comfort and healthy building.
Topic: Looking at a new Heat Flow Analysis Software: MOLD
Alberto and Nicola Candussi are the founders of Fluid Interactive, an Italian software house located in Vicenza. Their company, Fluid Interactive, develops and sells software for thermal analysis of building structures and real-time photorealistic rendering.
Their presentation will cover:
- simple definition of a thermal bridge;
- main apsects of a thermal bridge: linear thermal transmittance and consensation;
- Mold Simulator: how to compute linear thermal transmittance of simple thermal bridges (2-3 examples using basic features of the software);
- analysis of Mold Simulator's output: how to determine if there are condensation problems;
- using Mold Simulator to make slide-shows;
- Mold Simulator's report system;
- dynamic analysis of thermal performances over time: what is Thermal Lag and why it is so important.