A local ride supporting the National Parkinson Foundation with multi-distances -- good early season event!!
- Multi-distance options: 30 mi., 65 miles and 100 miles (est. of 5K of climbing).
- Rest stops every 20 miles.
- Lunch after the ride in a beautiful park setting.
- Update: Since lunch will be AFTER the ride from 11am-3:30pm, the recommended start times are: 6:30am for the Century, 7:15am for the Metric, and 9 am for the 30-milers. So, it looks like there'll be three groups (of course, ride at the pace you feel comfortable with since there will be other participants with you on the course.)
- CHECK IN AT THE DESIGNATED AREA BEFORE THE RIDE THAT MORNING (for those who signed up as a group -- nine of us, our names are on their list). As of this weekend prior, weather looks like it should be lower 80's and sunny for the event! Hope to see you soon!
Auburn Journal article on event: http://www.folsompowerhousecentury.com/Century%20ride%20benefits%20Parkinson%27s%20-%20Auburn%20Journal.pdf
Registration is open now and is $45 in advance ($55 day-of). Sign-ups can be done anytime before the day of the event on Active.com (http://www.active.com/cycling/folsom-ca/5th-annual-folsom-powerhouse-century-2013).
There is also the option to purchase an event t-shirt (men's or fitted women's) for $12 with the group registration.
There is an optional pre-ride event on April 26th:
Starting out the event will be a pre-registration opportunity on Friday night, April 26th 2013, where participants can also enjoy a collection of vintage bikes at the first Historic Folsom Bike Night next to Bicycles Plus from 5-8p.m. in downtown Folsom. Registrants may vote on the best of show vintage bike and kit (outfit) exhibits. Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries. For information about entering a bike in the show, call Mike (not me) at 916.390.8506.