It's almost Eppie's time! Have you started training? How are you doing with your "May is Bike Month" mileage? Are you good for a fun evening ride on the river parkway? If so, come join us!
This will be a two segment "out and back" ride. The first half will maintain a moderate but steady 15-18mph pace. This will be the chatty-friendly "social" part of the ride. Part two will be a little more strenuous...(if desired).
Upon arrival at the Guy West Bridge near Sacramento State University, we will divide and conquer the Eppie's route leading back upstream to Sunrise. This section of the ride will be about training and prepping for Eppie's Great Race. The group will dissipate here since those attending will scoot and skeedaddle back to Sunrise at their own pace.
Intermediate level ride. No sweep. Helmet required.
Positive and fun-loving attitude: optional (but apprecaited)
Curious about Eppie's? Get the details here.
SIDE NOTE: There are NUMEROUS ways to get to the lower Sunrise Bridge and most of them will add some distance to your ride. Options?
- Starbuck's in Gold River - a little over 1 mile to the bridge
- Bicycles Plus in Folsom - roughly 8-9 miles from historic Folsom to bridge
- Folsom Bike near the dam - roughly 10+ miles, opposite side of Lake Natoma
- Bob's Cyclery/River Rat - 1/4 mi above Sacramento Bar, just a coast down Pennsylvania Ave
- Del Campo High School vicinity (my duplex) - 4 miles from my turf if you wanna start with me and dodge some cars en route, I'll leave around 5:40 and "cruise" there