Cothin Ranch Ride
Join us for a beautiful challenging ride in the EDH Shingle Springs area. There will be some good climbing opportunities, with your choice of pace with the A & B groups
The A group will keep a steady pace with 1-2 short regroup stops with the B group taking more breaks & regroup more often. Be prepared to stay with your chosen group, find your wingman(cycling buddy at your level) & follow the route sheet.
ROUTE-Check out the link below:
Distance: 35.2 elev gain 3600 ft
Sweep: A & B groups with designated regroup spots
-Meet behind Bike & Tri in parking area @ 8:45a and roll out at 9:00a
-Socializing afterwards at Sellands Cafe next door
Please RSVP for this ride & also be respectful of the group & cancel it if you cannot make it.
As always, you must have a helmet and bring lots of water & something to munch during the ride.
This ride is for you if:
- You have a road bike and in good working condition
- You are comfortable shifting and riding continuously with minimal or no stopping
- You can ride at 18 mph (intermediate) on flats for a minimum of 15 miles
- You are used to climbing Hills & want a REAL Hill challenge.
- You want to have fun & feel like a kid again, enjoying the freedom on a bike while getting in an amazing work out with like minded Pedal-ers.
- RAIN, THREAT OF HEAVY RAIN OR WET ROADS CANCEL THE RIDE