Peninsula Macrobiotic Community (Gourmet Vegetarian Dinners) Message Board › Nepal Benefit Festival

Nepal Benefit Festival

Anna C.
user 7484027
San Carlos, CA
Post #: 45
I would like to inform you that we are already in full swing preparing for an amazing event in September, our first ever Nepal Benefit Festival. It is an event you truly do not want to miss.

It is an incredible joy preparing the event because so many people are jumping in, getting their hands dirty and helping out. They all want to support our vision of providing YOU with a great Nepali experience. It also produces happiness to realize that one can support the education of children who otherwise would not even have a chance to get one and who are such easy and prevalent targets for child trafficking without an education.

Here are some of my heroes so far on this journey: my dry cleaner agreed to iron 14 golden table cloths for the event, a friend is willing to deliver and put up a stage so we can all see the children dancing, and Randy and Astara offered to entertain us with live dinner music. Angelika Schafter will come all the way from Nevada City to entertain us with heavenly music. We will even have a benefit CD by Manose, a famous Nepali bamboo flute player. We are making this as authentic and as transportive an experience as we possibly can. You will be able to taste, hear, see, smell & feel the magic of this beautiful country.

Raffles prizes are coming in daily. I am very touched by all the shapes of love: a clay bath, a painting by my YMCA instructor, some Amazon coupons, roasted coffee beans, and so on. Maybe you also have something you would like to donate. Let us know if you have an idea for something you would like to give. So far our most monumental prize is a $1000 scholarship for a trip to Nepal. Check it out at www.BenefitFestival.com

The website gives all the details watched over by our lovely committee members. We even offer you the opportunity to spend some time with Dr. T as your personal guest.

We are doing everything we can to make this an unforgettable event for you. Consider joining us and please mark your calendar for 9/28, 4 - 10 PM.

Be part of the excitement! Check it out for more details:
www.BenefitFestival.com

Best. Anna Coulter
PS. The dresscode is happy and colorful.