The event is SOLD OUT. Please watch the livestream here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/events-at-350-nyc
"A Global Climate Treaty: Why the US Must Lead"
Saturday, September 20th, 6:30 - 9:30pm (Doors open at 6:00pm) NY Society for Ethical Culture, 2 West 64th Street, NYC. For tickets: climate-treaty-event.eventbrite.com
Sponsored by 350NYC and New York Society for Ethical Culture
In September, world leaders will meet in NYC for a UN summit on climate change. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is calling on world governments to pledge support for an ambitious, legally binding agreement in 2015 to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions. This forum will focus on why we need an international treaty and why we must demand our government assume a leading role in these negotiations.
• Bill McKibben, author, environmental activist and founder of 350.org
• Mary Robinson, UN Special Envoy on Cllimate Change, President of the Mary Robinson Foundation - Climate Justice (http://www.mrfcj.org/about/) Former first woman President of Ireland and United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights.
• Lester Brown, founder of the Earth Policy Institute (http://www.earth-policy.org), the Worldwatch Institute (http://www.worldwatch.org)
• Ambassador Marlene Moses, Chair, Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS)
• Cecil Corbin-Mark, WE ACT for Environmental Justice, Deputy Director/Director of Policy Initiatives
• Sean Sweeney, Trade Unions for Energy Democracy and Director, Cornell Global Labor Institute
• Donald Brown, Scholar in Residence and Professor, Sustainability, Ethics, and Law, Widener University College of Law.
• Annie Willis: Teen Leader, Global Kids
• Opening Remarks: NYC Council Members Helen Rosenthal (District 6) and Donovan Richards (District 31).