Hey there, Peoria Readers, welcome to our book club. Come on in, grab a cup of coffee and have a seat. We are hear to explore great books, have fun discussions and meet new friends.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q: When do you meet? A: Second Monday of the month at 6:30. Please check the schedule, as this sometimes changes
- Q: Can I come occasionally? A: Yes! You aren't expected to come every month. It's nice if you can, but if you only are able to come occasionally, that's fine too.
- Q: How do you choose the books? A: Each month one active book club member hosts the event and chooses the book.
- Q: Any criteria for the books? A: We mostly read recent fiction. We'd like the books to be available in paperback and in print, so no brand new hardbacks. It's also a bonus if the book is available for the Kindle, since many of us now have one.
- Q: Are there membership fees? We ask each active member to pay $5 per year to cover the $144 fee to maintain the Meetup site. However, feel free to wait to see if you feel you will be active in the group before you pay. We also ask people to chip in a couple of dollars to cover the room rental and encourage people to purchase something from the coffee house/location we are at.
Welcome, Peoria Book Readers!
Mango: Fondue & Lounge
1818 W War Memorial Dr, Peoria, Il
"I was born twice: first, as a baby girl, on a remarkably smogless Detroit day in January of 1960; and then again, as a teenage boy, in an emergency room near Petoskey,...
This Meetup repeats on the 2nd Monday of every month
April 13 · 7:00 PM
Tell No One by Harlan Coben
David Beck, once married to Elizabeth, has finally rebuilt his life since the kidnapping, disappearance and assumed death of his wife several years before. Now, a... Learn more
March 9 · 7:00 PM
Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
Rachel Kalama, a spirited seven-year-old Hawaiian girl, dreams of visiting far-off lands like her father, a merchant seaman. Then one day a rose-colored mark appears on... Learn more
February 9 · 7:00 PM
The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larssen
The book is a real page-turner. It is the sequel to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which the group read some time ago. From Amazon.com:
"Part blistering espionage... Learn more
January 12 · 7:00 PM
Artful by Peter David
Oliver Twist is one of the most well-known stories ever told, about a young orphan who has to survive the mean streets of London before ultimately being rescued by a... Learn more
December 8, 2014 · 7:00 PM
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Every month we pick a book to read and discuss. One member each month will select the book and host the event.
See all past Meetups