Composite shot of Anna using her studio pic from the meetup and an HDR background by Peter Talke (http://talkephotography.com). My first attempt using someone else's background. Peter sells them on his website and also through Denny Manufacturing!
For pros and amateurs... any brand of camera welcome (but you should at least own a (D)SLR!).
Hoping this group will provide a place for Peoria-area photographers to connect and:
1. Share knowledge
2. Ask/answer questions (anything from "What's ISO?" to "Anyone know how Photomatix Pro compares to Photoshop CS5's handling of HDR images?")
3. Find buddies for location scouting (hope to schedule meet-ups to do this sort of thing)
4. Find people to carpool with for St. Louis/Chicago/etc. photography seminars
5. Find assistants for photo shoots (pros may have an assistant who cancelled last minute, amateurs may know they need an assistant but have no idea how to "hire" one, so this can be a place people ask for/offer help, paid or unpaid)
6. Find someone to just go out and practice with, or try out a new technique with.
7. Give/get advice on portfolios (CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY PLEASE!!!)
8. Get suggestions for models (and photog assistants) in the area who are good to work with
9. Coordinate an occasional community project/fundraiser (TBD)
10. Meet up from time to time and just talk photography, or just go take pictures!