Permaculture Network of NJ Message Board › experienced organic farmers seeking land

experienced organic farmers seeking land

Kyle
user 74572532
Andover, NJ
Post #: 2
organic farmers seeking farm to rent or manage
Must include housing
Experienced with livestock (meat and dairy), vegetable production, medicinal herbs, mushrooms, etc. The more land the better! barns, greenhouses, fencing, etc are all a great bonus, but must have a house
A former member
Post #: 14
I just saw this , maybe its a fit; This forum would not allow me to include all the details.
Send me an email and I will forward the whole description which is lengthy.

Good luck,
Wendy
www.thefrontyardfarmer.net

The address is Totten Family Farm 442 Naughright Road, Long Vally , NJ 07853
Ourjerseyfarm@aol.com TottenFamilyFarm.com

Subject: Fwd: Totten Family Farm to lease or farm partnership
arrangement available

Totten Family Farm
442 Naughright Road
Long Valley, NJ 07853
Dr. James C. Totten

RE: LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIC FARMER OR CARETAKER - as of April 1, 2013-
lease or farming partnership in Northwestern New Jersey.

A former member
Post #: 1
Here's one place to look for land:

http://www.nofanj.org...­

Check the resources section, then click on classifieds. Both land and jobs available. Also, you might want to consider looking at their beginning farmer program, which can get you access to land on their incubator farm, access to tools, educational resources, and a farming mentor.

Here's another set of resources to check out (and a great place to browse and find support in general as a beginning farmer):

http://www.thegreenho...­

Another thing I've been considering as an aspiring farmer is starting a community land trust or a farmer cooperative, and buying land as an organization, after which parcels could be divided up for each farmer/group. If this sounds like something you or anyone you know would be interested in, please shoot me an e-mail at robert.meyer86@gmail.com. I don't have every detail of the idea worked out, but similar to the NOFA incubator farm, it could make access to land much easier for people like you and me.
Kyle
user 74572532
Andover, NJ
Post #: 3
Hi
thank you for the replies. I am familiar with the above resources and have been browsing them often. I figured it was worth a shot to ask here in case any members owned farms or had friends who did thanks again for the input