Our Topic This Evening ....
... will allow us to experience "The Work of Byron Katie." The Work is a powerful inquiry that helps us to identify and question the stressful thoughts that cause us suffering. Inquiry consists of four simple questions and a "turnaround". A turnaround is a way to experience the opposite of the belief that gives us pain. Through doing The Work, we question thoughts that we have believed for years.
The Work is a simple, deep process which can transform our lives in unimaginable ways. We may experience increased clarity, peace, and energy, richer, deeper relationships, and less anger and stress.
"I discovered that when I believed my thoughts, I suffered, but that when I didn’t believe them, I didn’t suffer, and that this is true for every human being. Freedom is as simple as that. I found that suffering is optional. I found a joy within me that has never disappeared, not for a single moment."
-- Byron Katie
We will be filling out a Judge Your Neighbor Worksheet and then taking the stressful thoughts to Inquiry. You can start the process right now:
Click here to print out your own Judge Your Neighbor worksheet to try out before you come.
Our Leader This Evening is ...
... Donnamarie Larievy is a PGN organizer and a certified Facilitator of The Work, a certified Professional Co-Active Coach, and a certified Executive Coach. She is the owner of Ariel Creative Vision and Creative Compelling Vision. Donnamarie organizes The Work of Byron Katie - West of Boston Meetup group.
Through The Work, she has become more peaceful, loving, and compassionate. In addition, The Work has brought her clarity and humor, and a deeper appreciation for whatever is present in her life.
Donnamarie offers individual and group facilitation, workshops, telecourses and speaking.
"The Work continues to open my mind and heart. I learn so much about me during Inquiry. Recently, after taking a stressful thought to Inquiry, I sat in silence while experiencing complete love, openness, gratitude, peace and joy. I am open to whatever unfolds with The Work. It's all beautiful."
- Donnamarie Larievy
The Heartbeat Salon ...
... is a semi-monthly evening gathering of PGN members on the first and third Tuesdays of every month. It is held at my home in Westwood, one mile from Rt 93 & Rt 95. Each one is led by a guest PGN organizers, and is open to all — to you PGN members and to your guests. You may attend some or all of them.
Each meeting focuses on a specific "lesson" (a practice, concept, technique, or tool), coming out of a particular modality of personal growth.
If you already are familiar with the lesson, you will be able to deepen your understanding of it, to apply it to other parts of your life, and/or to integrate it more fully into your day-to-day life. If you are unfamiliar with the lesson, then here is an easy and informal way to try the lesson on for size and see if it might be able to serve you and your loved ones. If so, incorporate it into your repertoire and use it for your greater success towards your goals. If it doesn't appear to be something you would employ, sit back and enjoy the fun of an evening spent in loving comradeship.
Heartbeat Salons are intended to be fun, to allow you to connect with other sweet hearts in the personal growth community, to explore useful concepts, tools, and techniques, and to practice them so you can apply them (more) in your life. At times, a Salon may be feeding your mind, your body, your heart, or your soul, all in the interest of helping you to express and achieve more of that infinite potential that is inside you. Leaders may introduce the topic with a brief lecturette, but they move quickly to the part where you, working with other participants and with yourself, look at how you might apply the night's lesson (more) to your life.
Heartbeat Salons are led by various organizers on the Personal Growth Network. Some are trained leaders who run their own practices. Others are just volunteers who love a particular lesson. You should treat all leaders as co-explorers with you — they are only offering ideas for your examination and consideration.
For more, upcoming Heartbeat Salons, see the Heartbeat Salons Calendar.
Guidelines for a Heartbeat Salon
• Unless specifically noted, all Heartbeat Salons are open to all PGN members in good standing and to their guests.
• Heartbeat Salons are usually conducted on the first and third Tuesday of every month. (For more, upcoming Heartbeat Salons, see the Heartbeat Salons Calendar.)
• Please RSVP. Heartbeat Salons are subject to change both in time and in topic. By RSVPing you will be automatically kept up-to-date about significant scheduling changes.
• Attendance is limited, we sometimes have wait lists, and refreshments are purchased by the number of RSVPs. Please keep your RSVP up-to-date.
• If the event is full, please Wait List. Participants often cancel.
• Please do not just drop in. RSVP. This is a private home.
• Release your RSVP as soon as you know that you will not attend, and no later than four hours before the event. It is an etiquette faux pas not showing up when other people were not able to attend because you held your reservation too long.
• You may attend all or some of the sessions.
• Creating more of what you really want in your life requires constant practice with continual learning and iterative improvements; you will achieve greater results if you attend regularly and practice your take-away lessons between sessions.
• Please bring a notepad or journal, and a writing implement.
• Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to relax, greet, meet, and connect.
* Late arrivals can be disruptive. If you arrive late, please wait to be invited to join the group; we will have specific times when you may join the group without disturbing the group.
• Prepare for the session before coming. (See Preparation section above.)
• Connect with a buddy between sessions.
• Please respect the home and the group.