The Pittsburgh Chick Lit Book Club Message Board › New Meetup: Shadyside Meeting - "This Charming Man" by Marian Keyes

New Meetup: Shadyside Meeting - "This Charming Man" by Marian Keyes

Susan L.
user 4930869
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Announcing a new Meetup for The Pittsburgh Chick Lit Book Club!

What: Shadyside Meeting - "This Charming Man" by Marian Keyes

When: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:30 PM

Where: Doc's Place
5442 Walnut St
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
(412) 681-3713

Yay for Marian Keyes! We are reading This Charming Man in August and we will hopefully have good weather for the deck at Doc's again.

From Amazon.com:
"Paddy de Courcy is Ireland's debonair politician, the "John F. Kennedy Jr. of Dublin." His charm and charisma have taken hold of the country and the tabloids, not to mention our four heroines: Lola, Grace, Marnie, and Alicia. But though Paddy's winning smile is fooling Irish minds, the broken hearts he's left in his past offer a far more truthful look into his character.

Narrated in turn by each woman, This Charming Man explores how their love for this one man has shaped their lives. But in true Marian Keyes fashion, this is more than a story of four love affairs. It's a testament to the strength women find in themselves through work, friendship, and family, no matter what demons may be haunting their lives. Depression, self-doubt, domestic abuse—each of these women has seen tough times in life, and it's through Keyes's wonderful storytelling ability that these subjects are approached with the appropriate tone and candor. Her deft touch provides a gripping story and, ultimately, a redemptive ending."

There is also a good description on Marian Keyes' website­.

Get there before 7 to take advantage of the Happy Hour drink specials. All night is 1/2 price pizza. (I had the vege in July - so delicious!)

I found this book on Amazon's marketplace for a penny! With overnight shipping, my total was $7! I'm sure they have it at the library too...

See you in August.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­