VENUE - Saxby's Haverford
346 Lancaster Ave
Haverford, PA 19041
RAVES FOR OUR MEETUPS - Here's what folks are saying about our meetups:
"right on target"
"I enjoy it so much"
"terrific boost in vibration"
"ideas and answers were flowing and the time flew"
DISCUSSION ONLY - We'll have a "quotes" discussion table this month (no processes).
MEETUP "CLASSIC" - We'll be following our usual format of discussion focused on Abraham quotes on slips of paper. We talk about how a quote applies to our own experience in living the Law of Attraction. Everyone is welcome to jump in with related anecdotes of how they've seen that in their own lives. When we're done talking about that quote, we move on to the next one. We share what we're living and discuss the Law of Attraction life.
We start ON TIME. And we end on time. Meetups last 90 minutes.
LAW OF ATTRACTION - To learn about Law of Attraction, read "Ask and It Is Given" and "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent" by Jerry and Esther Hicks, or check their website:
WHAT TO EXPECT in a Discussion Using Abraham Quotes
- PICK A QUOTE - Fan out the quotes like cards (face down). Each person picks one.
- SHARE HOW YOU'RE LIVING IT - Find a way that the quote you selected is meaningful in your everyday life. We want to stimulate discussion on how people are using Law of Attraction in their lives. (We do [i]not[/i] discuss the teachings in a theoretical way. We're talking about how we're living this; about walking our talk.)
- WHO ELSE HAS A QUOTE - When the discussion veers off into other disciplines or some long winded story, that's the time (at a suitable pause) to ask who else has a quote to read. (Anyone can do this, not just the facilitator.)
- HOW DOES IT FEEL - The point is to talk about the Abe teachings and how they relate to our lives. Sometimes someone's telling a story or vignette that enlightens and sometimes...not. The way to cut to the chase is, you came for your Abe hit -- ask yourself if you're getting it, if this is ringing your bells. If not, find a way to kindly and courteously bring the group back with the next quote.
- ALL ABE, ALL THE TIME - All of us are probably into related teachings and practices, and it's natural that we bring some of that into our discussions. And since it can get hard to know where to draw the line, I just draw the line at Abraham. If it isn't "straight Abe" then bring the discussion back to Abraham. The quotes work beautifully for that, and that's why we use them.
- SOME FOLKS CHAT AFTERWARDS - We naturally get to know bits of each other's lives as we discuss how this quote or that one pertains to us. Aside from that, we do not use meetup time for getting to know each other personally. Often a few people will linger to talk to each other afterwards and occasionally a group will go out to eat together. But our aim is to use the meetup time for "Abe work" and not for socializing.
To learn about Law of Attraction, check the website of Jerry and Esther Hicks: http://www.abraham-hicks.com