Jessica S.
user 24985112
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks to all who made the trip when things looked grim. We found 5 morels, a beautiful cluster of yellow oysters and a few LBMs (little brown mushrooms). We also learned about garlic mustard greens, wild ginger, beech trees (cigar shaped buds), soloman seal and more. Plus, it was just a beautiful day to be outdoors with like-minded folks.

The wild edibles app is by Steve Brill - for those who are interested.

I hear that there's rain in the forecast. If it's a decent amount, it should make the morels pop. They can be found anywhere...even in people's yard.

Feel free to schedule your own meetup through this site. Pick a location, time and you're off. People will come. People are interested. Everyone has something different to share - there's a wealth of knowledge and interest in our group.
Denise D
user 32934792
Clementon, NJ
Post #: 62
Sounds exciting! I have been busy scheduling kayaking trips but will keep my eye out for foraging. I have always loved looking at mushrooms and even photographing them. I got so jealous once when I was camping in Pennsylvania when I saw a woman pounce on a bunch of mushrooms and gather them. I would really like to know how to identify mushrooms and take them back to the campsite and cook them.