Philadelphia Robotics Group Message Board › Philly Robotics October 2010 Meetup Summary.
First, let me welcome new attendees Tom and Ahsen and thank them for attending.
Here's a quick summary of the last meet-up and some post-meet-up email conversations (please feel free to correct or augment my memories):
- Tom had been working on some ground-based robots, but has recently started a Linux single-board computer based quadrotor design. Welcome to the Quad Club!
- Ahsen is a student and is interested in particle filters for use in SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping)
- Nelson discussed a Python - C interface package and showed how he could use it to drive the C-based least squares localization code (which would be running on the microprocessor). This eliminates the need for Mathematica
- Glen provided some sample data for use in testing Nelson's distance algorithm
- We talked about the Philly Robotics Group (PhRoG for short) website. We decided that Wordpress would be the best way to go, since it allows for LaTeX in-line math equations. It would also be nice if we used CamStudio to produce some video tutorials or lessons. We also talked about hosting the site on Google. Thanks to Daniel for working on the site.
- I don't know if I've mentioned this to everyone, but my quadrotor blog (more of a "build log") describing both the project itself as well as notions of quadrotor dynamics and control can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.c... Eventually, I will rehost the blog on the PhRoG site, where LaTeX wil come in handy to properly display all the equations!
The next meetup will be Nov 18th at the Hive. Usually, our meetups are on the second Thursday of each month, but some members could not make that date this time. This gives us all an extra week to work on our projects! Look for the formal Meet-up announcement soon.
As always, let me know if you have any topics, questions, or projects you'd like to discuss and I will put them on the agenda for the next meetup.
Philadelphia Robotics Group